This website is operated by Axon Systems Limited. Axon takes data protection very seriously and implements appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to meet the requirements of the retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) .
What data we process
In the course of your visit on this website the following data is being collected:
- the date and time of accessing a page on our website
- information about the device you are using (e.g. type of device, web browser, operating system and IP address)
- your name, email address, company name, phone number, enquiry details, billing address or delivery address, (if provided to us via the contact form on our website or via purchasing products through our e-commerce pages)
- financial data including bank account and payment card details;
- transaction Data includes details about payments to and from Customers and other details of products purchased from us;
- profile Data including purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences and feedback.
- certain cookies (see section 2 below).
There is no obligation to disclose the information we ask you to provide on our website. However, you may not be able to use all the features of the website or purchase products through our e-commerce site if you choose not to disclose your information.
If we engage with you in your capacity as an employee or consultant, an investor, candidate, building manager or landlord, we may also collect the following information, whether from you directly or from a third party:
- identity check information, such as copies of your ID card, passport, social security number, tax number, employment details and nationality
- other contact details, such as your postal address
- information about your identity, such as your name, date of birth, personal characteristics, your marital status, gender, physical or personal characteristics, academic details and your family
- financial data, such as information about your insurance and card data
- connectivity data as set out above.
In certain cases we may process what is called special category personal data by virtue of our relationship with you, including as part of identity checks or during the course of your employment by us. This may include information on your ethnic origin, biometric or health data, or information about criminal convictions and infringement of any law, codes or regulations. Some of this data may also reveal information about your sex life or sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs or genetic information, although we do not deliberately collect that information. We do not collect, process or retain data which we do not need to use as part of our business. More information on our grounds for processing is set out below.
Purposes of the processing and legal basis
When you use our website
When you use our website, we process your data for the following purposes:
Accessing our site
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us to respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails
- To process and deliver your order including:(a) Manage payments, fees and charges(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
We may use the email address provided to respond to orders, inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
We carry out these processes on the basis of our legitimate interest. This is our interest in the success of our business, and the use and analysis of our website to promote the success of our business.
Employees, consultants, candidates, landlords and building managers
If you are an employee, consultant, candidate, landlord or building manager, we may use your data in order to (i) perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you, at your request; (ii) comply with our legal obligations (such as our obligations to HMRC, the Home Office, or if required by a court of law, such as during legal proceedings); and (iii) satisfy our legitimate interests.
Our legitimate interests in such processing include our ability to run our business, to keep our records updated, to provide administration and IT services, to ensure network security and to grow our business.
The processes which fall under the aforementioned legal bases are:
- hiring processes, disciplinary regimes, payroll management, incident management, training and evaluation and contract negotiation
- internal and external commercial communications, including policies such as for security development and compliance, managing stakeholders and media relationships
- logistics, due diligence and managing contracts and assets
- security measures such as anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, loss prevention and physical security over assets, security and technical support services.
Where we use data in marketing communications, this will only be first and last name.
Special category data
If we have access to your special category personal data we will use this only: (i) as is necessary for us to carry out our responsibilities in the field of employment and social security and social protection law in so far as we are authorised to do by EU or Member State law or other collective agreement which provides appropriate safeguards; (ii) if needed to protect an individual’s vital interests in certain circumstances; (iii) if it is manifestly made public by you; (iv) it is needed to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (v) as is necessary for preventative or occupational health purposes.
We will not usually process data on the basis only of your consent. However, if we do, you usually have the right to request that we stop such processing. Please note that if you do make such a request, we may not be able to carry out our part in our relationship with you.
Recipients of data
For the purposes mentioned in section 3 above, we may also disclose your data to the following categories of recipients:
- employees of Axon Systems
- external processors of Axon Systems such as consultants and service providers (such as delivery and payment providers) who act as sub-processors
- authorities (where necessary for legal reasons).
Some of the recipients listed above are seated outside of the EU. However, we only disclose your data:
- to recipients in countries that provide an adequate level of data protection according to a decision by the European Commission
- if we have taken measures to ensure that the recipients provide an adequate level of data protection. For example, in such case, we may use standard contractual data protection clauses approved by the European Commission
- to recipients in the US who are certified according to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework approved by the European Commission.
For further information on how to obtain a copy of the safeguards used to protect your data, please contact us by using our contact details in section 9 below.
We do not sell, trade, or rent personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined in section 3.
We will retain your data only for as long as we need it, whether for our legitimate interest (as identified above), as required by applicable law or legal requirement, or to fulfil a contract or perform a service at your request, after which we will take steps to delete your data or hold it in a form that no longer identifies you.
We have put in place data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to prevent your data from being lost, used or accessed in a way that isn’t authorised, as well as to prevent it being altered. We also ensure that we don’t disclose your data to third parties unless we have a legal basis to do so, as set out at 3 above.
Your rights under UK GDPR
You have the right to request from Axon Systems access to or correction or erasure of your data or restriction of the processing of your data as well as the right to data portability. In addition, you can object to the processing of your data in some circumstances. Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to Axon Systems processing your data, this will not affect any processing which has already lawfully taken place at that time, but may prevent us from performing services for you, if we are unable to do so without your data. We will advise you of that if it is the case when you withdraw your consent.
Axon Systems Ltd, North East Business and Innovation Centre,
Wearfield Enterprise Park East,
Sunderland, SR5 2TA.